Monday, December 03, 2007

A Rush of Blood to the Head

The day of doom has arrived.

It was the day of the Standard Chartered Marathon 2007. My daddy has signed up for the full marathon, while I have foolhardily registered for the half marathon. Right at the crack of dawn, we left for the starting point at Fullerton because my dad's race started at 530am.

However, our usual route was obstructed by a fallen tree and we had to take a huge detour through Dempsey. My daddy was a mental bag of nerves, driving like a maniac and panicking. Eventually, we managed to arrive in time for his race.

At about 6 in the morning, it was my turn. Together with Sandy, her sister and Felix, we jogged off to the start. Felix took off shortly after, and I was immersed in my own world of music. The morning breeze made the run enjoyable.

As usual, my knees started to hurt after about 10km. Still, it was quite a comfortable run. The exhaustion started to sink in at about 17km. I took a cup of 100plus and I swore I never found the drink to be so tasty in my life. It was like heavenly nectar.

I was suddenly acutely aware of my stomach cramps, the stabbing pain on my left foot and my worn-out knees. The last 5 km seemed to last forever. I was glad to see the finishing line, completing the run at about 2 hours 15 mins.

We did it, guys!














Show some lurveeeeeee!


Mummy the Cheerleader, with Daddy the Hero!


..with Popsikins


Well done, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home